Senior/Lead Alarm Technician – Buford, Georgia
We’re looking for a hard-working, dependable Senior/Lead Alarm Technician who has a passion for physical security and ever-advancing technology. You will work on meaningful and mission-critical projects to protect our customer’s employees, property, and assets. You will also be responsible for staying current with your certifications that are in compliance with state laws and regulations.
The types of installations you will work on include some or all aspects of electronic security access systems, including burglar and fire alarms, CCTV, access control systems, and other related electronic security equipment. This job will be challenging, but also very rewarding. If this sounds like a fit for your talents and career goals, please apply today!
- Install and wire specified alarm system devices.
- Pull cable and hang devices.
- Test and verify that all systems and devices installed (alarm panels, sirens, horns, strobes, etc.) function properly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Use a multimeter for particular volts and ohm readings and circuit analysis. Use various hand and power tools such as drills and screwdrivers for installation purposes.
- Strip wire without leaving bare openings.
- Conceal wire in residences and run wire as neat and inconspicuous as possible.
- Keep company vehicle clean and in good operating condition (i.e. handle periodic oil changes, fueling, washing of vehicle, etc.).
- Explain and demonstrate to the customer how the specific alarm system installed works.
- Complete proper paperwork and submit it to the appropriate department on a daily basis.
- Communicate with clients, co-workers, and CRV Surveillance Central Monitoring Station.
- Licenses/Certifications: Must be able to obtain specified licenses/certifications to perform work in the security industry according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the state and local regulations. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Essential Functions to be performed with reasonable accommodations.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the Project Manager specific to the operation of daily business functions.
- Must have knowledge of fire and electrical codes to ensure safe and proper installation of alarm systems and devices.
- Must have a personable and professional appearance.
- Must be able to travel, as needed.
- Must be familiar with various types of receivers.
- Strong customer service focus/skills are a must.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be capable of handling challenging and stressful situations without decreasing productivity.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Must have mathematical skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume along with the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must have reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess the values important to CRV Surveillance – Integrity, Communication, Excellent Customer Service, and Accountability.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED is required for all CRV Surveillance positions.
- Technical or college degree in related field preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience preferred.
*Standard Drug Screen, Driving Record and Background Checks will be performed.*
CRV SURVEILLANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Buford, Georgia
Job Shift: Day
Salary Range: $25 – $30/hour